Thursday, September 27, 2012

30 Day Challenge: Food Items

Hey everyone! I have compiled a list of superfoods that will be essential during this challenge. I am going to list these foods out so if you wanted to just print the list off to use as grocery list for this next month.

Fruit- Now do not go overboard with the fruit because fruit are filled with sugars and carbs, but they are allowed in moderation.
Berries
Melons
Apples
Bananas
Avocado
And whatever other fruits you desire
Vegetables- Now veggies are your best friend during this challenge so stock up!
Spring Mix
Spinach
Kale
Purple Cabbage
Green Beans
Asparagus
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Squash
Celery
Cucumber
Zucchini
Mushrooms
Garlic
Meats and Protein- Keep these in moderation, they are beneficial in small amounts.
Salmon
Tofu
Veggie Burgers
Lean Chicken Breasts
Turkey
Nuts/Oils- These are packed full with nutrients so stock up on these too.
Flax Seeds (milled)
Organic Peanut Butter
Raw Almonds (unsalted)
Sunflower Seeds (unsalted)
Cashews (unsalted)
And any other nuts you may want just make sure they are raw and unsalted.
Canned Items- Canned is never the best choice because it is never the freshest choice, but when it comes to these items you'll be fine.
100% Natural Pumpkin
Tuna
Red Kidney Beans
Black Beans
Chicken or Vegetable Stock (no added sodium)
Dairy- These items are fine in moderation and are very beneficial.
Unsweetened Almond Milk
Egg Whites
Fat-Free Cottage Cheese
Non-Fat Greek Yogurt

These are the foods that I will be sticking to during the next 30 days. There will be no exceptions for cheat meals or cheat days. Also this 30 day challenge will also exclude drinking since alcohol is just liquid sugar. Coffee is allowed but no sugars or creamers, try to drink it black. Throughout this challenge I will be posting daily about my meal plans and daily workouts so be on the lookout.

2 comments:

  1. This diet looks really restrictive. Honestly I have mad respect for you, if you can stick to this for an entire month, especially with no cheat days. Over the years I've tried a diet here and there and maybe added a workout routine for a few weeks, but it never stuck.
    I definitely admire your dedication to getting in shape for Halloween because I know I'll just be over here wishing to get thinner while I eat a bag of Sour Patch Kids. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I respect your dedication! All those items are really healthy. My mom is very health conscience and she is constantly sending me emails of all types of power foods and their health benefits. I can get some really good ideas from your blog to share with others.

    ReplyDelete