Sunday, September 16, 2012

Juicing, Smoothies, and Detox OH MY!

Ever heard of a magic weight-loss potion, or a magical pill that will melt your fat away? We all know that the hyped up weight-loss "programs" and "quick fixes" do not work, but what does work is juicing in order to get the proper amount of nutrients daily. Now I know what you're thinking, "How can one drink cleanse my entire body?" well you are slightly right and slightly wrong at the same time. Detoxing is not just a one-step procedure, it involves many different drink recipes in order to make the detox work 100% and worth your time. What people mainly get wrong about detox programs and drinks is the fact that it takes a lot of your time and you must stay committed if you want to complete the detox. A blog that I love to follow ( Organic Beauty Talk ) just recently did a post about juicing, including some detox juice recipes. At the same time that I believe detox programs can help rejuvenate one's body, I also believe that fasting (during or for a detox program) is not the best for your body.

Now I do believe in super smoothies and super drinks that will help your body rejuvenate its self. I do not do detox programs anymore, but I do try to drink a power smoothie every day. In my smoothies I try to pack a bunch of superfoods in there so my body is getting the best nourishment.


Above is what I use daily when it comes to my juices and smoothies. All of these products are 100% natural, so there are no additives or preservatives in your super smoothie. You can use water, coconut water, or unsweetened almond milk as your base. I usually just stick with coconut water (ZICO) as my base, but if I want a creamier texture I use the unsweetened almond milk.


Regardless of what you prefer, detox or daily superfood smoothies, both are great for your body but remember to be cautious when it comes to detox fasting. I encourage everyone to try and make a super smoothie this week.


3 comments:

  1. You made me really want to try a detox smoothie!! where do you buy your ingredients??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome to hear, thanks! And I buy all of my ingredients from three different places. The first major place I go to is Whole Foods because they have everything you would ever need when it comes to healthy and clean food. The second place I go to for unique superfoods is my local natural food market in Brandon, FL called Chucks. And the third place is the one and only Publix, since my mom prefers to do her grocery shopping there. I try to stick to the Greenwise brands since that is the cleanest food items you can get a hold of at Publix.

      Now if buying superfood can be pricey so if you want affordable then Publix is your best choice, then Whole Foods, then a small hole in the wall natural food store like Chucks.

      Delete
  2. Hi there, I really like the layout you've got going on here. I also like the topic you chose to blog about! I see you're doing a minor in nutrition. What, in your opinion, do you think is the biggest impediment to people wanting to eat a cleaner diet? There are lots of people who know they don't exactly feel their best but do nothing to improve anything. What information or changes in presentation of information needs to be made to get people to even acknowledge this issue? There seems to also be a sense of confidence in contemporary medicine to be able to correct any problems brought about by poor diet.

    ReplyDelete