Thursday, September 13, 2012

Welcome



Hello everyone, welcome to my blog! My name is Stephanie Bolen and I am a 21 year old student at USF majoring in Production and a minor in Nutrition. I am obsessed with trying to eat as clean as I possibly can for various reasons; but mainly it is just the best way to take care of your body. Ever since my freshman year in high school I became interested with anything concerning health food or exercise. I was always an active kid but when I started my sophomore year in college I ran into some health problems. Those problems ended up being a blessing in disguise because I was 30 pounds overweight, so I knuckled down and got serious about changing my "healthy" habits. I switched from "healthy" foods to clean foods; I also switched from normal body products to any organic certified body product. It has taken me a total of two years to get to where I am at now and I am still learning new things. This blog will be about the smart organic choices I try to make when it comes to meals, drinks, eating out, beauty products, and more! My main focus for this blog is to share my views and knowledge about specific chemicals and preservatives in products that we come into contact with daily. The best part about this blog will be the little secrets that not many people know about, when it comes to healthy and clean living. Just remember I am human so I slip up from time to time and I enjoy some small unhealthy treats every now and then but the key is to keep everything in moderation. I will also provide healthy tips for when you are traveling and for when you are too busy with work or school to even think about eating healthy. Remember you are only making excuses because it is "easier" to grab that cheeseburger when you are in a hurry rather than pack a lunch the night before; instead of setting yourself up for long term health problems try to motivate yourself by seeing how long you can go without a soda or junk food. Also keep in mind that it took me two years to learn and somewhat master this nutritious plan, Rome wasn't built in a day!! Before I made this change I was at my highest weight of 179 lbs; I am 6' tall so that is not a ridiculous weight for that height but I knew something was wrong and needed to change. Once my health problems were under control, I really became fascinated with eating raw foods. I then made the switch and stuck with the plan and the weight started melting off! I am currently at 148 – 153 lbs, and my ideal weight is 130 – 135 lbs. This blog will feature my healthy journey to my ultimate goal weight, I encourage anyone who wants to start living a healthier life to join in as well!

“We have more ability than will power, and it is often an excuse to ourselves that we imagine that things are impossible.” -François de la Rochefoucauld

No comments:

Post a Comment