Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day Four.

Don't you just love it when you wakeup and you know almost instantly that it is going to be a great day? That's how I felt this morning because the first thing I thought to myself this morning was, "Heck yes, today is low to normal carb day!" So when I woke up this morning I jumped out of bed and ran down stairs to cook up some protein pancakes. I also knew it was going to be a great day because my pancakes turned ended up being the best protein pancakes I have ever made. These pancakes are sugar free and all the ingredients used are beneficial for your body.


The ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup of Egg Whites
  • 1/4 cup of Almond Milk
  • 1 cup of Natural Oats
  • 1 Tbs of Coconut Oil
  • 2 Tsp of Almond Extract
  • 2 Tsp of Cinnamon
  • 1 Tbs of Flax Seeds
  • 1 scoop of Protein Powder
  • 1 Banana
  • 2 Eggs
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or a blender. Then mix all together then pour into a pan and begin making your pancakes. Cook on low heat for the best results, it may take longer but you won't end up with scrambled protein cakes. This recipe usually makes 6 to 7 small pancakes.
For the "syrup" I just took a cup of frozen strawberries (you can use any frozen fruit you prefer) then microwave it for 2 minutes for a natural strawberry jam syrup. Then drizzle over pancakes and you have a tasty nutritional breakfast. 

 For my mid morning snack I had a small handful of almonds with half a handful or sunflower seeds. Then for my lunch I just had the 2 left over protein pancakes. Dinner is where I wanted to incorporate protein into my meal and I had chicken with more vegetables.


The ingredients:

  • 1 Chicken Breast
  • 1 leaf of Purple Cabbage
  • Cauliflower
  • Mushrooms
  • Handfull of Sunflower Seeds
  • Garlic and Red Pepper for seasoning

Tonight's workout is focusing on back and abs.

3 comments:

  1. You had me at Day Four! Healthy never looked so good. Is there a specific protein powder that you recommend? The frozen strawberries to create the strawberry jam syrup is genius. Lol. I cannot wait to learn more because I really would like to get into this, I just need a jumpstart. But you are doing a great job keeping up with your 30 day challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you! I love to hear that the food is making you interested in healthy cooking and eating. The jam trick I actually discovered on accident by trying to unthaw strawberries to mix into a pancake batter. I microwaved the berries a bit too long and they came out syrupy, I did not want to mix them in because I thought it would make the batter runny so instead I poured them over the pancakes and ever since then I have never used pre-made syrups or jams. The protein powder I use is called Perfect Fit and its a brown rice protein powder. This protein powder is very low in calories, carbs, and has no sugars. It is also free of chemicals and preservatives. I prefer this protein powder because that is what I am looking for, something with very little ingredients and no odd ingredients but also a powder that will energize me as well as fill me up but not add any bulk to my frame. Protein powders are hard to assign blindly to just anyone, tell me what you are looking for and what you wish to achieve while using the protein powder and I can help point you in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. I want a protein powder that, like you said, has less artificial ingredients but will provide energy and fill me up. I don't want to get built but I want to get toned with the right nutrients for my body.

      Delete