Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day Three.

Today was a low carb day so my energy levels have not been treating me well, as far as today goes. Besides that little bump in the road currently, today was great and successful just like the rest. For breakfast I had the same thing I did yesterday, which was muesli, but instead of jam I did a scoop of peanut butter with half of a banana. For my midmorning snack, which ended up being after my workout, was plain fat free greek yogurt.


The ingredients are:

  • 1 cup of Greek Yogurt
  • 1/2 of a Banana
  • A handful of sunflower seeds (raw/unsalted)
  • Cinnamon to taste
This "snack" also doubled as my lunch since my workout today took up my whole midmorning/midday. I figured it would be fine since today was ment to be low carbs and lower calories are never anything to complain about when dieting. My workout today was pretty intense and was 90 minutes long. I spent an hour on my legs then spent the last 30 doing some HIIT. This workout was really draining because I plan to do my cardio every morning so I will not feel so worn out when I finish lifting later in the day (basically maintain the same energy level throughout the whole day). Basically what I am trying to get at is do not do this workout in one sitting while you're carb cycling, I felt very drained and almost in complete haze throughout the rest of the day. Luckily I had nothing to do for the rest of the day so I spent those lovely hours just laying around the house relaxing. 

Now it's time for dinner and tonight ended up being a sautéed vegetables with a side salad. I chose to prepare this for dinner since it is the easiest to make and it does not require much of your energy or time for the finished meal.


The sautéed vegetables:
  • Mushrooms
  • Broccoli
  • Cauliflower
  • Cashews
Combine all ingredients to a pan, use 2 tsp of avocado oil OR olive oil then flavor with whatever seasonings you desire. Sauté them for 10 minutes on a low to medium heat so the vegetables don't end up burnt or soggy.
The salad:

  • Spring Mix
  • Fresh Strips of Salmon
  • Wasabi Dressing 
This dinner was great and made full, I also had some black coffee right after dinner which provided me with enough energy to make this post then head right to bed. So goodnight everyone and I'll see you tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. I am SO jealous of the food you make. I always say I wish i could cook like that, but I make excuses about being too busy with work, school , etc. One question for you. How do you afford all the ingredients for these recipes?? Shopping for food can get super, super expensive. What grocery stores do you go to??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it means a lot to hear that since I feel like I am always doing something in the kitchen when it comes to trying to cook healthy. The price tag for eating healthy can drive many people away and that is why you do not see very many people keeping up with their health because they don't want food to cut into their everyday expenses that they already contend with. One thing I can say is if you go to Fresh Market or Whole Foods then yes be prepared to pay a higher price for the food you are getting, but also remember those places try to stick with organic and locally grown food as their main food products so for that level of beneficial factors you end up paying more obviously. Every now and then I will treat myself with a little Whole Foods grocery trip but I mainly stick to Publix. Publix is great because they favor coupons and they tend to always have reasonable prices, now the Greenwise stuff is pricey but it is nothing compared to other health food stores. Try to buy what you need for the week; do not over buy, by thinking that you're saving yourself money because in the end you will just be letting food rot in your fridge. When it comes to little ingredients like spices and oils try to buy those in batches, so don't get ahead of yourself by buying 50 bottles of different spices because that's whats going to run up your bill. Try to set a budget for your weekly grocery bill, mine is usually around 120 to 150 for a weeks worth of food and sometimes I don't end up eating all of it. You just have to be smart when shopping for food, don't buy into the buy one get one deals because you are just adding on more money and more food that you possibly won't eat within a week.

      Delete