Sunday, October 21, 2012

Week Three in a Nut Shell.

Wow, I cannot believe it is the last part of October. This month has truly flown by especially this last week. I wish I had a better reason as to why I have not posted in lately but I was just tremendously busy with family and school. It was my boyfriend's twenty-second birthday yesterday and I took him to an awesome Italian Steakhouse called Iavarone's. The food is to die for and the atmosphere is perfect plus it is not that expensive if you want to go out to have a nice dinner. For my meal choice I stuck with a salad, chicken with sautéed spinach, we had bruschetta for our appetizer (I only had 2 out of the 6 on the plate), and I also had a glass of wine. We were stuffed so there was no birthday dessert, ironically my boyfriend does not really care for desserts or sweets so avoid that kind of stuff is super easy when I am out with him. Dinner was moderately healthy but I almost considered that a cheat meal because I had more carbs than I planned on eating. I did not beat myself up about it since we had tickets for Howl O'Scream  at Busch Gardens. It ended up being so packed since it is getting closer to Halloween and it was a Saturday so we ended up just walking the whole park and did all the scare zones and road a few rides. By the end of the night we were both so beat because not only did we walk the whole park twice but we also walked back to our car since the line for the tram was way too long. Boy were we tired once we got home, I am pretty sure all those carbs I had at dinner were put to good use while we were at Busch Gardens. The other four days went great as well, I have had no slip ups and I am going to kick it into high gear for this last week. I plan to make sure that at least 90 minutes of exercise is done everyday, the only carbs that I will be consuming is the carbs from fruit or vegetables. I will also make sure that I am juicing daily to keep my cravings at bay. I cannot wait for this fourth week and I cannot believe that I have almost completed this challenge. Only 10 more days until the before and after picture, and I have a few interesting blog posts that will be posted this week so be on the lookout.

4 comments:

  1. I too have been super busy lately and its shown in my number of posts. I think more than anything it's just that time of the year when things really start getting hectic in the semester, right on time with our personal lives. I think it was cool that you told us straight up that you cheated on the meal. Thank God you went to Howl-O-Scream to burn off those extra carbs. Last year I had officially decided it was my last year for that event. I'm sort of a chicken when it comes to that stuff and it always ends up being punishment rather than pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I try to stay honest to myself and everyone else when I'm dieting, I mean we are all human and we have to cut ourselves some slack every now and then.

      Delete
  2. That is something I haven't done in years, because of those horrendous lines. I used to enjoy Howl-O-Scream. I just can't get past those damned lines though. Even when I would get the go to the head of the line passes, the enjoyment was quickly faded because of the slaughter house feel to the cattle being herded through the doors. It's impossible to get scared when the person 2 feet in front of you just yelped at he guy in the Jason mask.

    Congratulations on walking off your guilty pleasure. I enjoy it when my girlfriend only picks at the appetizers. That along with finishing her plate are my favorite parts of the meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. H.O.S. is such a waste because of the lines and how packed it gets, I am right there with ya. Funny thing is my boyfriend hates it for that very same reason, and we only went because his parents bought the tickets for his birthday. Thanks, I am glad that I was able to burn some of that meal off!

      Delete