Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day Two.

Day two went well but boy oh boy am I tired. This morning was difficult since I was really tired from studying for my French midterm the night before, and since I felt like I did not fully know all of the course material I only did a 15 minute workout in the morning before I had to leave to get to class. These are the days I was referring to when I said not everyday is going to follow the exact schedule shown. Regardless, I got a morning workout in which is vital for jump starting your metabolism.


For breakfast I had some muesli with some organic blackberry jam and almonds added. This is a great breakfast option since muesli is organic uncooked rolled oats and nuts. It is packed full of fiber but since it's oats, that means it contains carbohydrates. Now, these carbs are good for you and your body will utilize them for fuel. Just remember we are carb cycling and since today is a low carb day you do not want to ingest anymore than the muesli.


After my French midterm, it was time for my mid morning snack. I was slightly rushed since I had to get to my midterm but I packed my water and a banana. A banana was the perfect choice since I am slightly sore from my workouts and I wanted to keep my calorie intake low when dealing with mid morning snack. I got home around 1 PM from my midterm and I had enough time to cook a vegetable medley for my lunch.


This meal was perfect it was a very lite meal but packed full with energy enriched nutrients to hold me over. Once I got home from my afternoon classes, I made one of my smoothies. I only an 8 ounce smoothie this time, unlike my typical 14 to 16 ounce ones. Even though it is only 8 ounces, it is a great choice when looking for in between lunch and dinner snack. I actually opted for this since my parents are snacking on chips and dip before dinner.

The ingredients for this smoothie were:
  • 10 Frozen Strawberries
  • 1 Tsp of Flax Seeds (milled)
  • 1 Tsp of Chia Seeds (milled)
  • 1/4 cup of Coconut Water
  • 1 cup of Papya Juice
  • 1 Tbs of Coconut Oil.
Finally, it's dinner time! This diet is making me appreciate eating by having to wait for specific times to put nutrients into my body. I now have to contiously avoid snacking whenever I'm bored or stressed. Regardless, this diet is still really hard and challenging for that matter. When you restrict yourself from just eating whatever you want whenever you want, things get a little intense while waiting for the next time you can eat. A figure model, that I follow, said this before: "The sooner I go to bed, the sooner I'll be able to eat again." I could not agree with her more since I am now on the same eating schedule. Since I am working out after dinner my meal will include protein to keep me attentive during my workout. Tonight I decided to have lemon-pepper chicken with a side salad.


This recipe is very simplistic:
  • 1 Chicken Breast
  • 1/2 of a Lemon (juice)
  • 1 Tsp of Garlic
  • 1 Tsp of Basil
  • 1 Tsp of Cracked Pepper
Combine all ingredients into a bowl or a ziplock bag (which ever you prefer) and rub the ingredients into the chicken breast. One you are done with that, let it maranade for however long you prefer; I just waited 15 to 20 minutes. Now cook which ever way you prefer your chicken. For the salad I just mixed some wasabi and avacado oil together and used that as my salad dressing.

My workout was only an hour long tonight. I worked out my arms then did a 40 minute sauna. My workout for tonight looked like this:
Shoulder Press (front and back) - 40 lbs 3x8
Deltoid Raises - 20 lbs 3x8
Bicep Curls - 30 lbs 3x8
Tricep Pulldown - 30 lbs 3x8
Skull Crushers - 30 lbs 3x8  

No comments:

Post a Comment